A Life With Laughter

A chronicle of our adventures raising two boys....

Monday, March 27, 2006


It's been a little while since I had an entry. I'm sure there have been plenty of good things to say, but the weekend was just kind of busy and I never really had a moment to get in front of a computer to say anything.

Zach started feeling bad last night and was running a really low grade fever. Last night, he threw up, which was ... yucky. I was coming in from the den about 11pm to go to bed and as I stopped to hook up the dishwasher, Anita came walking through to take Zach to the couch since he had just woken up and then right about that time, I hear her gag and run toward me with Zach. She thrusts him at me as he is still puking and I grab him and hold him over the sink. I had to clean him up while Anita removed herself to the other room. Poor little guy. Anyway, I got him cleaned up and in a new shirt and then Anita was able to come back and hold him till he went back to sleep.

This morning though, he was really clingy and sometime just after I went in to work, he really started getting fussy and we finally figured out he wanted me. I came in and held him and everything was okay. I ended up having to stay in there for a couple of hours just holding him. He's napping now. Hopefully he will start to feel better throughout the day.

So, as for Conner this morning. He had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Well, as usual, he didn't eat all of it before he decided he wanted to go and play. He had been playing for awhile and during the time that I was already at my desk I had heard him go back into the kitchen and say something about his oatmeal. I didn't really pay any attention to what he was saying. I know he asked me something, I think, but I'm not sure what it was. Later, when I went in there and was holding Zach, I came back through the kitchen and realized the window was open. I asked Anita who was sitting in the other room, "Why is the window open?" Before she could answer me, Conner said, "I'm warming my oatmeal up." He had opened the window about 10 inches, put a cord in the handle of the window like it was the plug for his heater or something, and then put his bowl directly in front of the window right in the center. Our table is flush against the wall and exactly level to the window sill, so it worked out pretty well. The only problem of course is that it's about 50 degrees outside! So, even though it was sunny, and he had an idea that the sun might heat up his oatmeal, he was letting tons of cold air in the house. I told him as much, and he said, "Oh man, now my oatmeal is REALLY cold!"


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home